Legal aid in asylum cases after rejection from UDI or UNE
NOAS offers free legal aid in asylum cases. All asylum seekers who have had their claims rejected by The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the Immigration Appeals Board (UNE), can have NOAS consider their asylum cases. We review all the cases we receive.
Where NOAS thinks there is a possibility of overturning the negative decision and receive a positive decision, we write to the Immigration Appeals Board (UNE) on behalf of the asylum seeker, in the same way as a lawyer. If we do not think it is possible to overturn the negative decision, we will let you know this and explain why this is our conclusion.
Send your case to NOAS
If you want NOAS to review your case, you must send us a written Power of Attorney, and copies of the documents in your asylum case.
Documents you should send if you wish NOAS to review your asylum case:
- Power of Attorney (NOAS form – see below)
- Police registration form
- Asylum interview
- The UDI’s decision in the asylum case (First negative)
- The lawyer’s appeal to the UDI
- Any UNE decision (Second negative)
- Any appeal(s) to change UNE’s decision
- Any further UNE decisions
- Any new information in your case that has not been considered by UNE
If you lack any documents, you can get a copy from your lawyer. If you have other information than the one mentioned here, and you think is of importance to your asylum case, please send it to us.